Most people believe in life you get the hand you’re dealt and that’s it. You are as smart and hardworking as your going to be and there’s nothing you can do to change it. That’s called a fixed mindset.
What’s the difference between a regular (straight line) person and a vertical person??? Answer: a Successful Mindset. Let me school you:
- Verticals don’t fail, they see failure as an opportunity. We ask ourselves “What did I learn from the experience?” When we experience a setback, we don’t dwell on it. We assess and move on to the next thing.
- Verticals accept who they are, they have a great relationship with themselves. It is important to us know our strengths and weaknesses. We have even taught ourselves how to “correct ourselves”.
- Verticals set high goals and work towards achieving them and don’t stop until they reach them. Having a dream is great, but goals turn the invisible to visible.
- Verticals don’t hope for the best, they take control to make things happen. You always have a choice, you can control your mind or you can let it control you.
- Verticals will see a problem as a reason to be creative and come up with a solution. When you focus on problems you will have more problems, but when you focus on solutions you have more opportunities.
- Verticals are always learning. If you want to go far have a learners mindset. Be open to learning and growth and development, free of bias.
To become a better version of yourself, you first must learn to hear your current mindset, recognize that you have a choice, talk back to it using a successful mindset, then take action.
Read this article a few times and once you begin to fully understand, start making executive decisions. You are the CEO of your own life.
From the words of my favorite philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche “He who has a WHY to live, can bear almost any HOW.”